- Ádám, A., E. Prácser, and V. Wesztergom. Estimation of the electric resistivity distribution (EURHOM) in the European lithosphere in the frame of the EURISGIC WP2 project. Acta Geod. Geoph. Hung., 47, 377–387, 2012, DOI: 10.1556/AGeod.47.2012.4.1. [CrossRef]
- Amm, O., and A. Viljanen. Ionospheric disturbance magnetic field continuation from the ground to the ionosphere using spherical elementary current systems. Earth Planets Space, 51, 431–440, 1999, DOI: 10.1186/BF03352247.
- Boteler, D. Methodology for simulation of geomagnetically induced currents in power systems. J. Space Weather Space Clim., 4, A21, 2014, DOI: 10.1051/swsc/2014018. [CrossRef] [EDP Sciences]
- Boteler, D.H., and R.J. Pirjola. Comparison of methods for modelling geomagnetically induced currents. Ann. Geophys., 32, 1177–1187, 2014, DOI: 10.5194/angeo-32-1177-2014. [CrossRef]
- Boteler, D.H., T. Watanabe, R.M. Shier, and R.E. Horita. Characteristics of geomagnetically induced currents in the B.C. Hydro 500 kV system. IEEE T. Power Appar. Syst., PAS-101, 1447–1456, 1982, DOI: 10.1109/TPAS.1982.317192. [CrossRef]
- Campbell, W.H. Induction of auroral zone electric currents within the alaska pipeline. Pure Appl. Geophys., 116, 1143–1172, 1978, DOI: 10.1007/BF00874677. [CrossRef]
- Gleisner, H., and H. Lundstedt. A neural network-based local model for prediction of geomagnetic disturbances. J. Geophys. Res., 106 (A5), 8425–8433, 2001, DOI: 10.1029/2000JA900142. [CrossRef]
- Hejda, P., and J. Bochnicek. Geomagnetically induced pipe-to-soil voltages in the Czech oil pipelines during October–November 2003. Ann. Geophys., 23, 3089–3093, 2005, DOI: 10.5194/angeo-23-3089-2005. [CrossRef]
- Kappenman, J.G. An overview of the impulsive geomagnetic field disturbances and power grid impacts associated with the violent Sun-Earth connection events of 29–31 October 2003 and a comparative evaluation with other contemporary storms. Space Weather, 3, S08C01, 2005, DOI: 10.1029/2004SW000128.
- Lehtinen, M., and R. Pirjola. Currents produced in earthed conductor networks by geomagnetically-induced electric fields. Ann. Geophys., 3, 479–484, 1985.
- Lundby, S., B.E. Chapel, D.H. Boteler, T. Watanabe, and R.E. Horita. Occurrence frequency of geomagnetically induced currents: a case study on a B.C. Hydro 500 kV power line. J. Geomag. Geoelectr., 37, 1097–1114, 1985, DOI: 10.5636/jgg.37.1097. [CrossRef]
- McLay, S.A., and C.D. Beggan. Ann. Geophys., 28, 1795–1805, 2010, DOI: 10.5194/angeo-28-1795-2010. [CrossRef]
- Ngwira, C.M., A. Pulkkinen, L.-A. McKinnell, and P.J. Cilliers. Improved modeling of geomagnetically induced currents in the South African power network. Space Weather, 6, S11004, 2008, DOI: 10.1029/2008SW000408. [CrossRef]
- Pulkkinen, A., O. Amm, A. Viljanen, and BEAR Working Group. Ionospheric equivalent current distributions determined with the method of spherical elementary current systems. J. Geophys. Res., 108 (A2), 1053, 2003, DOI: 10.1029/2001JA005085. [CrossRef]
- Pulkkinen, A., M. Hesse, S. Habib, L. Van der Zel, B. Damsky, F. Policelli, D. Fugate, W. Jacobs, and E. Creamer. Solar shield: forecasting and mitigating space weather effects on high-voltage power transmission systems. Nat. Hazards, 53, 333–345, 2010a, DOI: 10.1007/s11069-009-9432-x. [CrossRef]
- Pulkkinen, A., R. Kataoka, S. Watari, and M. Ichiki. Modeling geomagnetically induced currents in Hokkaido, Japan. Adv. Space Res., 46, 1087–1093, 2010b, DOI: 10.1016/j.asr.2010.05.024. [CrossRef]
- Pulkkinen, A., E. Bernabeu, J. Eichner, C. Beggan, and A.W.P. Thomson. Generation of 100-year geomagnetically induced current scenarios. Space Weather, 10, S04003, 2012, DOI: 10.1029/2011SW000750. [CrossRef]
- Pulkkinen, A., L. Rastätter, M. Kuznetsova, H. Singer, C. Balch, et al. Community-wide validation of geospace model ground magnetic field perturbation predictions to support model transition to operations. Space Weather, 11, 369–385, 2013, DOI: 10.1002/swe.20056. [CrossRef]
- Thomson, A.W.P., A.J. McKay, E. Clarke, and S.J. Reay. Surface electric fields and geomagnetically induced currents in the Scottish Power grid during the 30 October 2003 geomagnetic storm. Space Weather, 3, S11002, 2005, DOI: 10.1029/2005SW000156. [CrossRef]
- Thomson, A., E. Dawson, and S. Reay. Quantifying Extreme Behaviour in Geomagnetic Activity. Space Weather, 9, S10001, 2011, DOI: 10.1029/2011SW000696. [CrossRef]
- Tóth, G., X. Meng, T.I. Gombosi, and L. Rastätter. Predicting the time derivative of local magnetic perturbations. J. Geophys. Res. [Space Phys.], 119, 310–321, 2014, DOI: 10.1002/2013JA019456. [CrossRef]
- Trichtchenko, L., and D.H. Boteler. Modeling geomagnetically induced currents using geomagnetic indices and data. IEEE T. Plasma Sci., 32, 1459–1467, 2004, DOI: 10.1109/TPS.2004.830993. [CrossRef]
- Trichtchenko, L., A. Zhukov, R. van der Linden, S.M. Stankov, N. Jakowski, et al. November 2004 space weather events: Real-time observations and forecasts. Space Weather, 5, S06001, 2007, DOI: 10.1029/2006SW000281. [CrossRef]
- Viljanen, A. The relation between geomagnetic variations and their time derivatives and implications for estimation of induction risks. Geophys. Res. Lett., 24, 631–634, 1997, DOI: 10.1029/97GL00538. [CrossRef]
- Viljanen, A. Relation of geomagnetically induced currents and local geomagnetic variations. IEEE Trans. Power Delivery, 13, 1285–1290, 1998, DOI: 10.1109/61.714497. [CrossRef]
- Viljanen, A., H. Nevanlinna, K. Pajunpää, and A. Pulkkinen. Time derivative of the horizontal geomagnetic field as an activity indicator. Ann. Geophys., 19, 1107–1118, 2001, DOI: 10.5194/angeo-19-1107-2001. [CrossRef]
- Viljanen, A., R. Pirjola, M. Wik, A. Adam, E. Pracser, Ya. Sakharov, and Yu. Katkalov. Continental scale modelling of geomagnetically induced currents. J. Space Weather Space Clim., 2, A17, 2012, DOI: 10.1051/swsc/2012017. [CrossRef] [EDP Sciences]
- Viljanen, A., R. Pirjola, E. Pracser, J. Katkalov, and M. Wik. Geomagnetically induced currents in Europe. Modelled occurrence in a continent-wide power grid. J. Space Weather Space Clim., 4, A09, 2014, DOI: 10.1051/swsc/2014006. [CrossRef] [EDP Sciences]
- Watari, S., M. Kunitake, K. Kitamura, T. Hori, T. Kikuchi, et al. Measurements of geomagnetically induced current in a power grid in Hokkaido, Japan. Space Weather, 7, S03002, 2009, DOI: 10.1029/2008SW000417.
- Weigel, R.S., A.J. Klimas, and D. Vassiliadis. Solar wind coupling to and predictability of ground magnetic fields and their time derivatives. J. Geophys. Res., 108 (A7), 1298, 2003, DOI: 10.1029/2002JA009627. [CrossRef]
- Wintoft, P. Study of the solar wind coupling to the time difference horizontal geomagnetic field. Ann. Geophys., 23, 1949–1957, 2005, DOI: 10.5194/angeo-23-1949-2005. [CrossRef]
- Wintoft, P., M. Wik, H. Lundstedt, and L. Eliasson. Predictions of local ground geomagnetic field fluctuations during the 7–10 November 2004 events studied with solar wind driven models. Ann. Geophys., 23, 3095–3101, 2005, DOI: 10.5194/angeo-23-3095-2005. [CrossRef]
- Wintoft, P., M. Wik, and A. Viljanen. Solar wind driven empirical forecast models of the time derivative of the ground magnetic field. J. Space Weather Space Clim., 5, A7, 2015, DOI: 10.1051/swsc/2015008. [CrossRef] [EDP Sciences]
J. Space Weather Space Clim.
Volume 5, 2015
|Number of page(s)||8|
|Published online||17 July 2015|
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.