- Adam, A., E. Pracser, and V. Wesztergom. Estimation of the electric resistivity distribution (EURHOM) in the European lithosphere in the frame of the EURISGIC WP2 project. Acta Geod. Geoph. Hung., 47, 377–387, 2012. [CrossRef]
- Beggan, C., D. Beamish, A. Richards, G. Kelly, and A. Thomson. Prediction of extreme geomagnetically induced currents in the UK high-voltage network. Space Weather, 11, 407–419, 2013. [CrossRef]
- Bolduc, L. GIC observations and studies in the Hydro-Québec power system. J. Atmos. Sol. Terr. Phys., 64, 1793–1802, 2002. [CrossRef]
- Boteler, D.H., and R.J. Pirjola. The complex-image method for calculating the magnetic and electric fields produced at the surface of the earth by the auroral electrojet. Geophys. J. Int., 132, 31–40, 1998. [CrossRef]
- Burton, R.K., R.L. McPherron, and C.T. Russell. An empirical relationship between interplanetary conditions and Dst. J. Geophys. Res., 80 (31), 4204–4214, 1975. [CrossRef]
- Cagniard, L. Basic theory of the magneto-telluric method of geophysical prospecting. Geophysics, 18, 605–635, 1953. [CrossRef]
- Curto, J.J., T. Araki, and L.F. Alberca. Evolution of the concept of sudden storm commencements and their operative identification. Earth Planets Space, 59, i–xii, 2007. [CrossRef]
- Dong, B., D.W. Danskin, R.J. Pirjola, D.H. Boteler, and Z.Z. Wang. Evaluating the applicability of the finite element method for modelling of geoelectric fields. Ann. Geophys., 31 (10), 1689–1698, 2013, http://www.ann-geophys.net/31/1689/2013/. [CrossRef]
- Elman, J.L. Finding structure in time. Cognitive Science, 14, 179–211, 1990. [CrossRef]
- Ferro, C.A.T., and D.B. Stephenson. Forecast verification: A practioner’s guide in atmospheric science, 2nd edn., John Wiley and Sons Ltd, Chapter 10 Deterministic forecasts of extreme events and warnings, 2012.
- Gaunt, C.T. Reducing uncertainty – responses for electricity utilities to severe solar storms. J. Space Weather Space Clim., 4, A01, 2014. [CrossRef] [EDP Sciences]
- Kis, A., A. Koppan, I. Lemperger, T. Prodan, J. Szendröi, J. Verö, and V. Wesztergom. Long-term variation of the geoelectric activity index. Publs. Inst. Geophys. Pol. Acad. Sc., C-99 (398), 353–360, 2007.
- Lundstedt, H. The sun, space weather and GIC effects in Sweden. Adv. Space Res., 37, 1182–1191, 2006. [CrossRef]
- Lundstedt, H., H. Gleisner, and P. Wintoft. Operational forecasts of the geomagnetic Dst index. Geophys. Res. Lett., 106 (A6), 1–4, 2001. [CrossRef]
- Mayaud, P.N. Derivation, meaning, and use of geomagnetic indices, American Geophysical Union, Vol. 22 of Geophysical monograph, 1980. [CrossRef]
- McComas, D.J., S.J. Bame, P. Barker, W.C. Feldman, J.L. Phillips, P. Riley, and J.W. Griffee. Solar wind electron proton alpha monitor (SWEPAM) for the Advanced Composition Explorer. Space Sci. Rev., 86, 563–612, 1998. [NASA ADS] [CrossRef]
- Pirjola, R., A. Viljanen, A. Pulkkinen, S. Kilpua, and O. Amm. Ground effects of space weather, NATO Science Series, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Chapter Space weather effects on electric power transmission grids and pipelines, 2004.
- Pulkkinen, A., A. Viljanen, and R. Pirjola. Estimation of geomagnetically induced current levels from different input data. Space Weather, 4, S08005, 2006. [CrossRef]
- Schrijver, C.J., and S.D. Mitchell. Disturbances in the US electric grid associated with geomagnetic activity. J. Space Weather Space Clim., 3, A19, 2013. [CrossRef] [EDP Sciences]
- Smith, C.W., J. L’Heureux, N.F. Ness, M.H. Acũna, L.F. Burlaga, and J. Scheifele. The ACE magnetic fields experiment. Space Sci. Rev., 86, 611, 1998. [NASA ADS] [CrossRef]
- Stone, E., A. Frandsen, R. Mewaldt, E. Christian, D. Margolies, J. Ormes, and F. Snow. The advanced composition explorer. Space Sci. Rev., 86, 1–22, 1998, DOI: 10.1023/A:1005082526237. [NASA ADS] [CrossRef]
- Trichtchenko, L., and D.H. Boteler. Modeling geomagnetically induced currents using geomagnetic indices and data. IEEE Trans. Plasma Sci., 32 (4), 1459–1467, 2004. [CrossRef]
- Viñas, A.F., and J.D. Scudder. Fast and optimal solution to the “Rankine-Hugoniot Problem”. J. Geophys. Res., 91 (A1), 39–58, 1986. [NASA ADS] [CrossRef]
- Viljanen, A., H. Nevanlinna, K. Pajunpää, and A. Pulkkinen. Time derivative of the horizontal geomagnetic field as an activity indicator. Ann. Geophys., 19, 1108–1118, 2001. [CrossRef]
- Viljanen, A., R. Pirjola, M. Wik, A. Ádám, E. Prácser, Y. Sakharov, and Y. Katkalov. Continental scale modelling of geomagnetically induced currents. J. Space Weather Space Clim., 2, A17, 2012, DOI: 10.1051/swsc/2012017. [CrossRef] [EDP Sciences]
- Viljanen, A., A. Pulkkinen, O. Amm, R. Pirjola, T. Korja, and B.W. Group. Fast computation of the geoelectric field using the method of elementary current systems and planar earth models. Ann. Geophys., 22, 101–113, 2004. [CrossRef]
- Weigel, R.S., D. Vassiliadis, and A.J. Klimas. Coupling of the solar wind to temporal fluctuations in ground magnetic fields. Geophys. Res. Lett., 29 (19), 1915, 2002. [CrossRef]
- Wik, M., R. Pirjola, H. Lundstedt, A. Viljanen, P. Wintoft, and A. Pulkkinen. Space weather events in July 1982 and October 2003 and the effects of geomagnetically induced currents on Swedish technical systems. Ann. Geophys., 27, 1775–1787, 2009. [CrossRef]
- Wintoft, P. Study of the solar wind coupling to the time difference horizontal geomagnetic field. Ann. Geophys., 23, 1949–1957, 2005. [CrossRef]
- Wintoft, P., M. Wik, H. Lundstedt, and L. Eliasson. Predictions of local ground geomagnetic field fluctuations during the 7–10 November 2004 events studied with solar wind driven models. Ann. Geophys., 23, 3095–3101, 2005. [CrossRef]
J. Space Weather Space Clim.
Volume 5, 2015
|Number of page(s)||9|
|Published online||09 March 2015|
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.