J. Space Weather Space Clim.
Volume 4, 2014
Space Weather and Challenges for Modern Society
|Number of page(s)||7|
|Published online||09 January 2014|
- Amm, O., Ionospheric elementary current systems in spherical coordinates and their application, J. Geomag. Geoelectr., 49, 947–955, 1997. [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- Bolduc, L., GIC observations and studies in the Hydro-Québec power system, J. Atmos. Sol. Terr. Phys., 64 (16), 1793–1802, 2002. [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- Boteler, D.H., Calculating the voltages induced in technological systems during a geomagnetic disturbance, IEEE Trans. Electromagn. Compat., 41 (4), 398–402, 1999. [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- Kappenman, J.G., Geomagnetic storms and their impact on power systems, IEEE Power Eng. Rev., 16 (5),5–8, 1996. [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- Kappenman, J.G., Geomagnetic disturbances and impacts upon power system operation. In: The Electric Power Engineering Handbook, L.L., Grigsby (Ed.), 2nd Edn., Chapter 16, 16-1 – 16-22, CRC Press/IEEE Press, 2007. [Google Scholar]
- Kappenman, J.G., and V.D. Albertson, Bracing for the geomagnetic storms, IEEE Spectrum, The Electric Power Engineering Handbook, 27 (3), 27–33, 1990. [Google Scholar]
- Liu, L.Y., and X.W. Xie, Analysis of increase of noise of 500 kV transformer (in Chinese), High Voltage Engineering, 31 (4), 85–87, 2005. [Google Scholar]
- Liu, C.-M., L.-G. Liu, and R. Pirjola, Geomagnetically induced currents in the high-voltage power grid in China, IEEE Trans. Power Delivery, 24 (4), 2368–2374, 2009a. [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- Liu, C.-M., L.-G. Liu, R. Pirjola, and Z.-Z. Wang, Calculation of geomagnetically induced currents in mid- to low-latitude power grids based on the plane wave method: A preliminary case study, Space Weather, 7 (4), S04005, DOI: 10.1029/2008SW000439, 9 pp., 2009b. [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- Molinski, T.S., Why utilities respect geomagnetically induced currents, J. Atmos. Sol. Terr. Phys., 64 (16), 1765–1778, 2002. [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- Pirjola, R., Geomagnetically Induced Currents during Magnetic Storms, IEEE Trans. Plasma Sci., 28 (6), 1867–1873, 2000. [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- Pirjola, R., and M. Lehtinen, Currents produced in the Finnish 400 kV power transmission grid and in the Finnish natural gas pipeline by geomagnetically induced electric fields, Ann. Geophys., 3 (4), 485–491, 1985. [Google Scholar]
- Pulkkinen, A., S. Lindahl, A. Viljanen, and R. Pirjola, Geomagnetic storm of 29–31 October 2003: Geomagnetically induced currents and their relation to problems in the Swedish high-voltage power transmission system, Space Weather, 3 (8), S08C03, DOI: 10.1029/2004SW000123, 19 pp., 2005. [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- Wik, M., R. Pirjola, H. Lundstedt, A. Viljanen, P. Wintoft, and A. Pulkkinen, Space weather events in July 1982 and October 2003 and the effects of geomagnetically induced currents on Swedish technical systems, Ann. Geophys., 27 (4), 1775–1787, 2009. [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.