J. Space Weather Space Clim.
Volume 4, 2014
Space Weather and Challenges for Modern Society
|Number of page(s)||7|
|Published online||07 January 2014|
- Andersson, G., P. Donalek, R. Farmer, N. Hatziargyriou, and I. Kamwa, Causes of the 2003 major grid blackouts in North America and Europe, and recommended means to improve system dynamic performance, IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, 20 (4), 1922–1928, 2005. [CrossRef]
- Bernhardi, E.H., T.A. Tjimbandi, P.J. Cilliers, and C.T. Gaunt, Improved calculation of geomagnetically induced currents in power networks in low-latitude regions, Power Systems Computation Conference, Glasgow, pp. 1391–1395, IBSN 978-1-61738-857-6, 2008.
- Dzobo, O, C.T. Gaunt, and R. Herman, Investigating the use of probability distribution functions in reliability-worth analysis of electric power systems, Int. J. Electr. Power Energy Syst., 37 (1), 110–116, DOI: 10.1016/j.ijepes.2011.12.013, 2012. [CrossRef]
- Edimu, M., K. Alvehag, C.T. Gaunt, and R. Herman, Analyzing the performance of a time-dependent probabilistic approach for bulk network reliability assessment, Electr. Power Syst. Res., 104, 156–163, DOI: 10.1016/j.epsr.2013.06.016, 2013. [CrossRef]
- Gaunt, C.T., and G. Coetzee, Transformer failures in regions incorrectly considered to have low GIC-risk. IEEE PowerTech, Lausanne, 807–812, DOI: 10.1109/PCT.2007.4538419, 2007.
- Gaunt, C.T., and M. Malengret, Why we use the term non-active power, and how it can be measured under non-ideal power supply conditions, Power Engineering Society Conf. and Expo. in Africa (PowerAfrica), Johannesburg, 9–13 July 2012, DOI: 10.1109/PowerAfrica.2012.6498641, 2012.
- Kappenman, J.G., and V.D. Albertson, Bracing for the Geomagnetic Storms, IEEE Spectrum Magazine, (March), 27–33, 1990. [CrossRef]
- Liu, C.M., L.G. Liu, and R. Pirjola, Geomagnetically induced currents in the high-voltage power grid in China, IEEE Trans. Power Delivery, 24, 4, 2009.
- Malengret, M., and C.T. Gaunt, General theory of average power for multi-phase systems with distortion, unbalance and direct current components, Electr. Power Syst. Res., 84, 224–230, DOI: 10.1016/j.epsr.2011.11.020, 2011. [CrossRef]
- Ministry of Power, Report of the Enquiry Committee on Grid Disturbance in Northern Region on 30th July 2012 and in Northern, Eastern & North-Eastern Region on 31st July 2012, New Delhi, 2012.
- Minnaar, U.J., C.T. Gaunt, and F. Nicolls, Characterisation of power system events on South African transmission power lines, Electr. Power Syst. Res., 88, 25–32, DOI: 10.1016/j.epsr.2012.01.015, 2012. [CrossRef]
- Molinski, T.S., Why utilities respect geomagnetically induced currents, J. Atmos. Sol. Terr. Phys., 64 (16), 1765–1778, 2002. [CrossRef]
- Moodley, N., and C.T. Gaunt, Developing a power transformer low energy degradation assessment triangle, Power Engineering Society Conf. and Expo. in Africa (PowerAfrica), Johannesburg, 9–13 July, DOI: 10.1109/PowerAfrica.2012.6498647, 2012.
- NERC, Special reliability assessment interim report: Effects of geomagnetic disturbances on the bulk power system. North American Electric Reliability Corporation, Atlanta, GA, 2012.
- Oyedokun, D.T., M. Simon, and C.T. Gaunt, Introduction of a more detailed calculation of geomagnetically induced currents in transmission networks, Proc. of Southern African Universities’ Power Engineering Conference, Potchefstroom, pp. 211–215, 2013.
- Oyedokun, D.T., C.T. Gaunt, S. Tenbohlen, M. Heindl, M. Beltle, M. Reuter, and D. Schneider, Laboratory test for GIC effects on power transformers, XVII International Symposium on High Voltage Engineering, VDE-Verlag, Berlin, Offenbach, 2011.
- Pulkkinen, A., E. Bernabeu, J. Eichner, C. Beggan, and A.W.P. Thomson, Generation of 100-year geomagnetically induced current scenarios, Space Weather, 10, S04003, DOI: 10.1029/2011SW000750, 2012. [CrossRef]
- Thomson, A.W.P., E.B. Dawson, and S.J. Reay, Quantifying extreme behavior in geomagnetic activity, Space Weather, 9, S10001, DOI: 10.1029/2011SW000696, 2011. [CrossRef]
- Thomson, A.W.P., C.T. Gaunt, P. Cilliers, J.A. Wild, B. Opperman, L.-A. McKinnell, P. Kotze, C.M. Ngwira, and S.I. Lotz, Present day challenges in understanding the geomagnetic hazard to national power grids, Adv. Space Res., 45 (9), 1182–1190, 2010. [NASA ADS] [CrossRef]
- Torta, J.M., L. Serrano, J.R. Regué, A.M. Sánchez, and E. Roldán, Geomagnetically induced currents in a power grid of Northeastern Spain, Space Weather, 10, S06002, DOI: 10.1029/2012SW000793, 2012. [CrossRef]
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.