J. Space Weather Space Clim.
Volume 5, 2015
|Number of page(s)||9|
|Published online||23 November 2015|
- Abdu, M.A. Equatorial ionosphere–thermosphere system: Electrodynamics and irregularities. Adv. Space Res., 35 (5), 771–787, 2005, DOI: 10.1016/j.asr.2005.03.150. [CrossRef]
- Amm, O. Ionospheric elementary current systems in spherical coordinates and their application. J. Geomagn. Geoelectr., 49, 949–955, 1997, DOI: 10.5636/jgg.49.947. [CrossRef]
- Amm, O., and A. Viljanen. Ionospheric disturbance magnetic field continuation from the ground to ionosphere using spherical elementary current systems. Earth, Planets and Space, 51, 431–440, 1999, DOI: 10.1186/BF03352247. [CrossRef]
- Balasis, G., I.A. Daglis, C. Papadimitriou, M. Kalimeri, A. Anastasiadis, and K. Eftaxias. Dynamical complexity in Dst time series using nonextensive Tsallis entropy. Geophys. Res. Lett., 35, L14102, 2008, DOI: 10.1029/2008GL034743. [CrossRef]
- Balasis, G., I.A. Daglis, C. Papadimitriou, M. Kalimeri, A. Anastasiadis, and K. Eftaxias. Investigating dynamical complexity in the magnetosphere using various entropy measures. J. Geophys. Res., 114, A00D06, 2009, DOI: 10.1029/2008JA014035.
- Barbosa, C.S., D.S. Ferreira, M.A. do Espírito Santo, and A.R. Papa. Statistical analysis of geomagnetic field reversals and their consequences. Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, 392, 6554–6560, 2013, DOI: 10.1016/j.physa.2013.08.025. [CrossRef]
- Barbosa, C.S., G.A. Hartmann, and K.J. Pinheiro. Numerical modeling of geomagnetically induced currents in a Brazilian transmission line. Adv. Space Res., 55 (4), 1168–1179, 2015, DOI: 10.1016/j.asr.2014.11.008. [CrossRef]
- Bolduc, L. GIC observations and studies in the Hydro-Québec power system. J. Atmos. Sol. Terr. Phys., 64, 1793–1802, 2002, DOI: 10.1016/S1364-6826(02)00128-1. [CrossRef]
- Bologna, M.S., A.L. Padilha, and I. Vitorello. Geophysical signature of the deep lithosphere underlying the Alto Paranaíba igneous province: constraining upper mantle properties. Rev. Bras. Geocienc., 31, 471–474, 2001.
- Boteler, D. Methodology for simulation of geomagnetically induced currents in power systems. J. Space Weather Space Clim., 4, A21, 2014, DOI: 10.1051/swsc/2014018. [CrossRef] [EDP Sciences]
- Boteler, D.H., and R.J. Pirjola. Comparison of methods for modelling geomagnetically induced currents. Ann. Geophys., 32, 1177–1187, 2014, DOI: 10.5194/angeo-32-1177-2014. [CrossRef]
- Boteler, D.H., and R.J. Pirjola. The complex-image method for calculating the magnetic and electric fields produced at the surface of the Earth by the auroral electrojet. Geophys. J. Int, 132, 31–40, 1998, DOI: 10.1046/j.1365-246x.1998.00388.x. [CrossRef]
- Caraballo, R., L.S. Bettucci, G. Tancredi. Geomagnetically induced currents in the Uruguayan high-voltage power grid. Geophys. J. Int., 195, 844–853, 2013, DOI: 10.1093/gji/ggt293. [CrossRef]
- Cagniard, L. Basic theory of the magnetotelluric method of geophysical prospecting. Geophysics, 18, 605–635, 1953, DOI: 10.1190/1.1437915. [CrossRef]
- Denardini, C.M., L.C.A. Resende, J. Moro, M. Rockenbach, P.R. Fagundes, M.A. Gende, S.S. Chen, N.J. Schuch, and A. Petry. The South American K Index: Initial Steps from the Embrace Magnetometer Network, in: 13th International Congress of the Brazilian Geophysical Society & EXPOGEF, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, 26–29 August, pp. 1901–1905, 2013, DOI: 10.1190/sbgf2013-391.
- Ferreira, D.S., A.R. Papa, and R. Menezes. Small world picture of worldwide seismic events. Physica A: Statistical Mech. App., 408, 170–180, 2014, DOI: 10.1016/j.physa.2014.04.024. [CrossRef]
- Gaunt, C.T., and G. Coetzee. Transformer failures in regions incorrectly considered to have low GIC-risk, in: Proceedings, Power Tech, 2007 IEEE, Lausanne, pp. 807–812, 2007, DOI: 10.1109/PCT.2007.4538419.
- Gonzalez, W.D., J.A. Joselyn, Y. Kamide, H.W. Kroehl, G. Rostoker, B.T. Tsurutani, and V.M. Vasyliunas. Wat is a geomagnetic storm? J. Geophys. Res., 99, 5771–5792, 1994, DOI: 10.1029/93JA02867. [NASA ADS] [CrossRef]
- Kappenman, J.G. An overview of the impulsive geomagnetic field disturbances and power grid impacts associated with the violent Sun-Earth connection events of 29-31 October 2003 and a comparative evaluation with other contemporary storms. Space Weather, 3, S08C01, 2005.
- Langlois, P., L. Bolduc, and M.C. Chouteau. Probability of occurrence of geomagnetic storms based on a study of the distribution of the electric field amplitudes measured in Abitibi, Quebec, in 1993-94. J. Geomagn. Geoelectr., 48, 1033–1041, 1996. [CrossRef]
- Lehtinen, M., and R.J. Pirjola. Currents produced in earthed conductor networks by geomagnetically induced electric fields. Ann. Geophys., 3, 479–484, 1985.
- Leubner, M.P., and Z. Vörös. A nonextensive entropy approach to solar wind intermittency. Astophys. J., 618, 547–555, 2005. [NASA ADS] [CrossRef]
- Liu, C., L. Liu, and R. Pirjola. Geomagnetically induced currents in the high-voltage power grid in China. IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, 24, 2368–2374, 2009, DOI: 10.1109/TPWRD.2009.2028490. [CrossRef]
- Marshall, R.A., M. Dalzell, C.L. Waters, P. Goldthorpe, and E.A. Smith. Geomagnetically induced currents in the New Zealand power network. Space Weather, 10, S08003, 2012, DOI: 10.1029/2012SW000806. [CrossRef]
- Marti, L., C. Yiu, A. Rezaei-Zare, and D. Boteler. Simulation of geomagnetically induced currents with piecewise layered-earth models. IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, 29, 1886–1893, 2014. [CrossRef]
- Myllys, M., A. Viljanen, Ø.A. Rui, and T.M. Ohnstad. Geomagnetically induced currents in Norway: the northernmost high-voltage power grid in the world. J. Space Weather Space Clim., 4, A10, 2014. [CrossRef] [EDP Sciences]
- Pandey, S., and S. Dubey. Characteristic features of large geomagnetic storms observed during solar cycle 23. Indian J. Radio Space Phys., 38, 305–312, 2009.
- Pirjola, R. Calculation of geomagnetically induced currents (GIC) in a high-voltage electric power transmission system and estimation of effects of overhead shield wires on GIC modelling. J. Atmos. Sol. Terr. Phys., 69, 1305–1311, 2007, DOI: 10.1016/j.jastp.2007.04.001. [CrossRef]
- Pirjola, R. Review On The calculation of surface electric and magnetic fields and of geomagnetically induced currents in ground-based technological systems. Surv. Geophys., 23, 71–90, 2002. [CrossRef]
- Pirjola, R., and A. Viljanen. Complex image method for calculating electric and magnetic fields produced by an auroral electrojet of finite length. Ann. Geophys., 16, 1434–1444, 1998. [CrossRef]
- Pulkkinen, A., R. Pirjola, and A. Viljanen. Statistics of extreme geomagnetically induced current events. Space Weather, 6, S07001, 2008, DOI: 10.1029/2008SW000388. [CrossRef]
- Thomson, A.W.P., E.B. Dawson, and S.J. Reay. Quantifying extreme behavior in geomagnetic activity. Space Weather, 9, S10001, 2011, DOI: 10.1029/2011SW000696. [CrossRef]
- Trivedi, N.B., I. Vitorello, W. Kabata, S.L.G. Dutra, A.L. Padilha, M.S. Bologna, M.B. de Pádua, M.P. Soares, G.S. Luz, F.A. Pinto, R. Pirjola, and A. Viljanen. Geomagnetically induced currents in an electric power transmission system at low latitudes in Brazil: a case study. Space Weather, 5, S04004, 2007, DOI: 10.1029/2006SW000282. [CrossRef]
- Tsallis, C. Introduction to Non-extensive Statistical Mechanics: Approaching a Complex World, Springer, Berlin, 2009.
- Tsallis, C. Possible generalization of Boltzmann-Gibbs statistics. J. Stat. Phys., 52, 479, 1988. [NASA ADS] [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- Tsurutani, B.T., W.D. Gonzalez, G.S. Lakhina, and S. Alex. The extreme magnetic storm of 1-2 September 1859. J. Geophys. Res., 108, 1268, 2003, DOI: 10.1029/2002JA009504. [NASA ADS] [CrossRef]
- Viljanen, A., A. Pulkkinen, O. Amm, R. Pirjola, and T. Korja. BEAR Working Group. Fast computation of the geoelectric field using the method of elementary current systems and planar Earth models. Ann. Geophys., 22, 101–113, 2004. [CrossRef]
- Watari, S., M. Kunitake, K. Kitamura, T. Hori, T. Kikuchi, et al. Measurements of geomagnetically induced current in a power grid in Hokkaido, Japan. Space Weather, 7, S03002, 2009, DOI: 10.1029/2008SW000417.
- Zheng, K., D. Boteler, R.J. Pirjola, L.-G. Liu, R. Becker, L. Marti, S. Boutilier, and S. Guillon. Effects of system characteristics on geomagnetically induced currents. IEEE Trans. Power Delivery, 29, 890–898, 2014. [CrossRef]
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.