J. Space Weather Space Clim.
Volume 8, 2018
|Number of page(s)||12|
|Published online||26 January 2018|
- Albertson VD, Kappenman JG, Mohan N, Skarbakka GA. 1981. Load-Flow studies in the presence of geomagnetically-induced currents. IEEE Trans Power Apparatus Syst PAS-100: 594–607. [CrossRef]
- Bernabeu EE. 2013. Modelling geomagnetically induced currents in dominion virginia power using extreme 100 year geoelectric field scenarios − part I. IEEE Trans Power Deliv 28: 512–523. [CrossRef]
- Bolduc L. 2002. GIC observations and studies in the Hydro-Québec power system. J Atmospheric Sol-terr Phys 64: 1793–1802. [CrossRef]
- Boteler DH, Space weather effects on power systems, Space Weather Geophysical Monograph, American Geophysical Union, Washington, D.C.,Vol. 125: pp. 347–352, 2001.
- Boteler DH. 2014. Methodology for simulation of geomagnetically induced currents in power systems. J Space Weather Space Clim 4: A21. [CrossRef]
- Dong X, Study of power transformer abnormalities and IT applications in power systems, PhD Thesis, Virginia Polytechnic Institutem, pp. 63–87, 2002.
- Dong X, Liu Y, Kappenman JG. 2001. Comparative analysis of exciting current harmonics and reactive power consumption from GIC saturated transformers. In: Proceedings of IEEE 2001 Winter Meeting. Columbus, OH, pp. 318–322.
- Elovaara J. 2005. Finnish experiences on grid effects of GICs, 2nd European Space Weather Week, ESA-ESTEC, Noordwijk, The Netherlands, 14–18 November, 2005, http://swe.ssa.esa.int/TECEES/spweather/workshops/eswwII/esww2-proceedings.html#5
- Elovaara J, Finnish experience with grid effects of GICs, Space Weather – research towards Applications in Europe, Lilenstein L ed., Springer, Dordrecht, The Netherlands, pp. 311–326, 2007.
- Erinmez IA, Majithia S, Rogers C, Yasuhiro T, Ogawa S, Swahn H, Kappenman JG. 2002. Application of modelling techniques to assess geomagnetically induced current risks on the NGC transmission system, paper presented at Int Counc On Large Electr Fields. Paris.
- Gérin-Lajoie L, Mahseredjan J, Guillon S, Saad O. 2013. Impact of transformer saturation from GIC on power system voltage regulation, International Conference on Power Systems Transients (IPST2013), Vancouver, Canada, July 18–20, http://www.ipstconf.org/papers/Proc_IPST2013/13IPST054.pdf
- Gérin-Lajoie L, Mahseredjan J, Guillon S, Saad O. 2014. Simulation of voltage collapse caused by GMDs − Problems and Solutions. Cigre, pp. 1–7
- Girgis R, Vedante K, Gramm K. Effect of geomagnetically induced currents on power transformers and power systems. Technical report, Cigre, Paris, 2012.
- JASON, Impact of severe space weather on the electric grid, JSR-11-320, The MITRE Corporation, 2011.
- Lehtinen M, Pirjola R. 1985. Currents produced in earthed conductor networks by geomagnetically induced electric fields. Am Gheophys 3: 479–484.
- NERC, GMDTF Interim Report: Effects of Geomagnetic disturbances on the Bulk power system, North American Electric Reliability Corporation, 2012.
- Overbye T, Hutchins T, Shetye K, Weber J, Dahman S. 2012. Integration of geomagnetic disturbance modeling into the power flow: a methodology for large-scale system studies. North American Power Symposium (NAPS).
- Pagani GA, Aiello M. 2013. The Power Grid as a complex network: a survey. Physica A 392: 2688–2700. [CrossRef]
- Piccinelli R, Krausmann E. Space weather impact on the Scandinavian Interconnected Power transmission System, -EUR 27571EN, IBN 978-92-79-537615, 2015.
- Pirjola R. 1983. Induction in power transmission lines during geomagnetic disturbances. Space Sci Rev 35: 185–193. [CrossRef]
- Pirjola R. 2008a. Study of effects of changes of earthing resistances on GICs in an electric power transmission system. Radio Sci 43: R S1004. [CrossRef]
- Pirjola R. 2008b. Effects of interactions between stations on the calculation of geomagnetically induced currents in an electric power transmission systems. Earth Planets Space 60: 743–751. [CrossRef]
- Pirjola R, Pulkkinen A, Viljanen A. 2003. Studies of space weather effects on the Finnish natural gas pipeline and on the Finnish high-voltage power system. Adv Space Res 31: 795–805. [CrossRef]
- Pulkkinen A, Bernabeu E, Eichner J, Beggan C, Thompson AWP. 2012. Generation of 100-year geomagnetically induced current scenarios. Space Weather 10: S04003. [CrossRef]
- Pulkkinen A, Pirjola R, Viljanen A. 2008. Statistics of extreme geomagnetically induced current events. Space Weather 6: S07001. [CrossRef]
- Vilianen A, Pirjola R, Wik M, Ádám A, Prácser E, Sakharov Y, Katkalov J. 2012. Continental scale modelling of geomagnetically induced currents. J Space Weather space Clim 2: A17. [CrossRef] [EDP Sciences]
- Walling RA, Khan AH. 1991. Characteristics of transformer exciting-current during geomagnetic disturbances. IEEE Trans Power Deliv 6: 1707–1714. [CrossRef]
- Wik M, Viljanen A, Pirjola R, Pulkkinen A, Wintoft P, Lundstedt H. 2008. Calculation of geomagnetically induced currents in the 400 kV power grid in southern Sweden. Space weather 6: S07005.
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.